Every so often we like to highlight one of our wonderful clients and pick their brain a little about their products and services, the challenges and successes they’ve had in marketing their company, as well as some of the projects they’ve done with Nimble.
This week we have the pleasure of sharing with you an interview with Larry Schneiderman, the long-time CEO of Schneiderman’s Furniture. We have had the honor of working with Larry and the rest of the Schneiderman’s crew for many years and have enjoyed every minute of it. Read on to learn more about Larry in his own words.
1. What is your role at Schneiderman’s Furniture?
I am CEO, but my role these days is an occasional special project and informal discussions with my son, Jason, who purchased the company.
2. How does your team stand out from the competition?
Susan, Natalie, and Jason have done a remarkable job of merchandising as well as giving us a consistent and exciting look.
3. What is your favorite part about your job?
Seeing the company and our associates doing well.
4. Tell us something interesting about yourself that we wouldn’t learn from reading your resume.
I’ve written two books: Call of the Couch and Nobody Knows.
5. What have been some of the marketing challenges you have come across in your time with the company?
We are an event-driven retailer and we try to be consistent with our branding. We try to plan ahead, but often there’s a bit of chaos. Having Nimble supply most of the materials has been a big plus.
6. What products and services do you typically go to Nimble for?
Tags, signage, and a diversity of collateral materials.
7. What has your experience been like working with Nimble?
Amazing reaction to our needs. Nimble takes responsibility. The owner has hand delivered materials to us rather than risk disappointment.
8. Do you have any advice for young professionals starting out in your line of work?
I love Mark Cuban’s response on this question, “Find out what you love to do. Then do it better than anyone else.”
9. Anything else that you’d like to add?
I’m proud of so much, both business and personal. What is amazing is that we’ve been around for 67 years and we’re more relevant than ever. This past year, we broke several sales records. Jason’s new 110,000 square foot store in Lakeville is absolutely stunning.
10. What is the funniest thing that has happened to you recently?
We had a new book launch last week. The reaction of the people there was so positive. When I sign books for people who attend church with me, I often write simply “Psalm 118: 24,” which is: “This is the Lord’s Day, let us rejoice and be glad in it.” Well, it was pretty hectic and I erroneously signed “Psalm 118:18,” which is: “The Lord has disciplined me severely, but he has not given me over to death.” The next day, I realized my error and called my Pastor, who had bought two books. He said to me and laughed, “I know why you called.”
Larry, again – THANK YOU for allowing Nimble to be part of Schneiderman’s continued success!