2015 Stats Every Marketing Guru Should Know!
As 2016 approaches, marketing executives are looking back at the 2015 marketing trends and where next year is heading. At Nimble 2015 was a huge year for digital, and with no surprise the digital era will continue to be a focus as marketers plan for the New Year. We’ll show you a glimpse at some staggering marketing results as well as give you some tips on how you can plan your 2016 marketing initiatives.
2015 MARKETING STATISTICS
- The average smart phone user engages with the device over 200 times a day.
- The average time spent on a mobile device is 2.5 hours a day!
- 85% of smart phone owners say that their device is an essential part of everyday life.
- Only 1/5 of small and medium sized businesses have a mobile friendly website.
- 60% of all web traffic is now on mobile devices.
- There was $18.3 Billion dollars spent with mobile advertising in 2015.
- 70% of content marketers are creating more content than they did in 2014.
- LinkedIn is the most powerful social media platform for B2B content marketing. 63% of B2B companies are using LinkedIn to leverage content in 2015.
- 74% of all Internet traffic in 2017 is predicted to be video.
- Using the word “video” in email subject lines boosts open rates by 19%.
- Mobile page views are up 250% since 2014.
- 40% of YouTube views come from a mobile device.
- 83% of marketers indicate that social media is important for their business.
- 78% of marketers said video was their most important leveraged content type.
- The average Internet user in 2015 has 5 social media accounts and checks 3 of them daily.
TRENDS & PREDICTIONS FOR 2016
- Content – Content marketing strategies will continue to be persistent in 2016. Marketers cannot move back to the traditional tactics of push marketing. They will work to develop fresh and new content on blogs, social media, online advertorials, and their websites.
- Analytics – Marketing Analytics data will become crucial in any brand effort and customer acquisition tactics. Marketers are set to utilize the vast information pool created online by consumers. Decision making in an overload of information and content, will be led by real data and not instinct.
- Video – Online videos allow for greater engagement, lower site bounce rates and can showcase product usage in multiple scenarios. Consumers are more likely to watch a video advertisement that immediately grabs attention over a banner or other traditional media outlets. We expect to see a lot more how to or inspirational brand videos for years to come.
- Online Advertising – Online advertising is expected to rise 10% on a global rate. Mobile ads will grow by 45% in 2016 and online ad expenditure is set to rise throughout the year. With organic reach on social platforms like Facebook and Google ad-words steadily becoming more expensive, it comes as no surprise marketers will be spending more online than in years past.
- Personalized Marketing – Targeted campaigns are twice as effective than non-targeted campaigns. A 2015 study suggests that retargeted display ads gets consumers engaging with their online products more than a broader branding ad. Facebook and Instagram have done a great job at allowing marketers to really research deep into the various options to select the right users, definitely allowing brands to spend their dollars wisely.
WE CAN HELP YOU
It can be daunting to create regular & relevant marketing content – especially while you are running a business. Leave the strategic planning and creative execution to our innovative Nimble team by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org